No injuries in early morning house fire
At 1:17 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, the Round Rock Fire Department received a report of a structure fire at 1206 Beth Lane. The occupant of the house was awakened by the sound of fire alarms to find his house on fire.
The first Fire Department units arrived at 1:24 a.m. to find smoke and flames coming through the garage and through a back window of the home. Additional firefighting units were requested and the fire was extinguished around 1:44 a.m.
The fire is believed to be caused by improper use of cooking equipment. Damage is estimated at $180,000 for home and contents.
After salvage and overhaul and a final check for hot spots, the last Fire Department units cleared the scene at 6:37 a.m.
Atmos Gas and Oncor Electric companies also responded to the incident to secure building utilities.
Source: City of Round Rock