TxDOT to host public hearing for US 79 widening project
The Texas Department of Transportation is developing a project to improve safety and mobility by widening US 79 from I-35 to east of FM 1460.
A virtual public hearing for the project will be held from 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 4, through 11: 59 Monday, Dec. 21. The public hearing will include a pre-recorded video, a draft environmental assessment, and other project materials. Interested residents may access the virtual public hearing by going to txdot.gov and entering the search keywords: “US 79”.
Proposed project improvements include:
- Widening the existing US 79 highway to include a third travel lane in each direction
- Installing a raised median for safety
- Constructing an underpass at the intersection of US 79 and Mays Street, an overpass at the intersection of US 79 and FM 1460, and reconfiguring the US 79/I-35 intersection
- Modifying driveways and access points to improve safety and traffic flow
- Installing shared-use paths on both sides of US 79 to provide improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
Additionally, TxDOT is providing an in-person option for individuals who would like to participate in-person instead of online. In-person attendees will be able to view the same presentation delivered in the online public hearing, review the project schematic design, ask questions of project staff from a socially distanced approach, and leave written comments.
The in-person option will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4 at the TxDOT Georgetown Area Office & Maintenance Facility, 2727 South Austin Avenue, Georgetown.
In-person attendance will be by appointment only. Individuals wishing to attend the in-person option must call Patricia Kelly at (512) 659-3230 to make an appointment. For both the virtual public hearing and in-person option, members may comment by phone, mail or email through Dec. 21. All testimony and timely written comments will be considered by TxDOT and included as part of the official record.
The post TxDOT to host public hearing for US 79 widening project appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock