Saturday Household Hazardous Waste disposal date cancelled
The City of Round Rock’s Spring Household Hazardous Waste event scheduled for Saturday, April 13 has been cancelled due to temporary staffing issues.
Residents can still safely dispose of paint, pesticides, fertilizers and other household chemicals for free during any of the City’s other scheduled household hazardous waste collection events, which take place on the first Wednesday of every month from 3 to 6 p.m. at the City’s Recycling Center. The City also accepts drop offs by appointment for a fee.
To participate in the regularly scheduled events, which resume on Wednesday, May 1, residents must do the following:
- Show a valid driver’s license and recent City of Round Rock water bill (Brushy Creek MUD or Fern Bluff MUD residents may submit a voucher)
- Limit materials to no more than 25 gallons
- Seal containers when possible
- Label unmarked containers if contents are known
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is any leftover household product in which the ingredients contain any of these four potentially hazardous characteristics: ignitable, corrosive, toxic or reactive. Common household products, such as those listed below, typically contain these hazardous ingredients, therefore they require special care when being disposed of.
Acceptable items include:
- Aerosol Cans
- Automotive Products – Oil, Antifreeze, etc.
- Paint (Latex Paint Tip)
- Paint Thinner
- Polishes & Varnishes
- Pool Chemicals
- Smoke Detectors
Prohibited items include:
- Bullets & Live Ammunition
- Contractor or Business Waste
- Explosives, Fireworks & Flares
- Gas Cylinders
- Medical Waste
- Radioactive Materials
- 30 or 50 Gallon Drums of Materials
For more information, visit roundrocktexas.gov/hhw or call 512-218-5559.
The post Saturday Household Hazardous Waste disposal date cancelled appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock