City offices closed due to Christmas holiday; trash pickup schedule unaffected
City offices, including the Library, Clay Madsen Recreation Center, Municipal Court, Baca Center and Utility Billing Office will be closed Friday, Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec. 27 for the Christmas holiday. Utility bills and court-related fines can be paid online.
Residential and commercial trash pickup, which is provided through Round Rock Refuse, will remain on its regular schedule.
Holiday recycling tips
The City of Round Rock contracts with Round Rock Refuse to deliver your trash to the landfill and recyclables to a single-stream recycling facility. It’s important to take some simple steps to avoid contaminating your recycling container:
- Only recycle approved items. View a full list of accepted items at roundrocktexas.gov/curbside.
- Detach unlike materials. Remove metal lids from glass jars, liners from cereal boxes, foil from yogurt tubs, etc. Although recyclable, these cannot be separated properly at the recycling facility.
- Remove food, sauces and juices from containers, and be sure to rinse them before recycling. This helps prevent contamination and odors and makes it less likely to attract bugs to your cart.
- Save space by crushing cans and plastic bottles and flattening boxes. Do not break glass as it jams equipment.
- Don’t recycle your plastic grocery bags in your bin. Plastic bags wrap around conveyor lines and all work must stop while the bags are cut off.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Need to recycle your Christmas tree? Trees can be recycled at the Round Rock Recycling Center, 310 Deepwood Drive — see holiday season schedule below. The trees will be shredded into mulch which is free to Round Rock residents for pickup at the recycling center. Be sure to remove all decorations, nails, wires, ornaments, tree stands, lights and tinsel before bringing in your tree.
Round Rock Brush Recycling Center Holiday Hours:
Friday, Dec. 24 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 25 – closed
Sunday, Dec. 26 – closed
Monday, Dec. 27 – closed
Friday, Dec. 31 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 1 – closed
Sunday, Jan. 2 – closed
*Regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
*The City of Round Rock will host Christmas tree recycling events on Saturday, Jan. 8 and Saturday, Jan. 15 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Round Rock Brush Recycling Center located at 310 Deepwood Drive.
The post City offices closed due to Christmas holiday; trash pickup schedule unaffected appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock