City offers range of virtual programs
Multiple City departments and facilities, including Round Rock Parks and Recreation, the Round Rock Public Library and the Round Rock Sports Center, are beginning to offer virtual programming as COVID-19 has prompted the physical closure of many City buildings to the public and the cancellations of countless events.
All virtual programming provided by the City will be streamed and/or posted to department-specific Facebook pages or held via Zoom video conferencing technology.
Parks and Recreation
- Make It Monday: Clay Madsen Recreation Center (CMRC) and Baca Community Center crafts and fun activities for families to do at home
- How-To Tuesday: Try something new at home with CMRC programming staff
- Wellness Wednesday: Workout videos for residents to train at home with CMRC trainers
- Thank You Thursday: Weekly videos featuring residents, department staff and local businesses who are doing great things in our community during this challenging time
- Fifty Plus Friday: Workouts and other activities with Baca Center trainers geared toward residents age 50-plus
- Showcase Saturday: Weekly videos or pictures featuring virtual trail tours and other scenic locations in Round Rock designed to bring nature to residents while they’re at home
- Sunday Fun Day: Series featuring things families can do together at home, on our local trail system or in park open spaces
Round Rock Public Library
- Pre-K Pause and Play, 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays: Jane and Ms. Andrea say hello, share a fun activity and invite kids to respond in a short video. Each session will have new content.
- Babytime Buzz, 10:30 a.m. Thursdays: Virginia will check in with the Babytime parents and share an activity.
- Write On! Short Story Contest (ages 8-12): roundrocktexas.gov/event/write-on-short-story-contest-ages-8-12/
- Resume Review via Zoom, March 31 and April 7: roundrocktexas.gov/event/resume-review-via-zoom/
- Book Group for Adults via Zoom, April 14: roundrocktexas.gov/event/book-group-for-adults-2/
- Friends of the Library Meeting, April 28: roundrocktexas.gov/event/virtual-friends-of-the-round-rock-public-library-meeting/
Round Rock Sports Center
- Virtual Basketball Training, 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays: Virtual basketball training designed primarily for those age 7-15.
Stay tuned to official City of Round Rock social media channels for more opportunities to engage with new virtual programming as it continues to become available.
Source: City of Round Rock