City accepting applications for boards and commissions appointments
Applications are currently being accepted for 2020 appointments to City of Round Rock Boards and Commissions through 5 p.m., July 1, 2020.
Local boards and commissions enable citizens to participate in Round Rock City government by bringing diverse viewpoints to decision-making and advisory processes. Members are appointed by City Council each year in August and as needed when vacancies occur. Terms last two years and are staggered, with no member serving more than eight consecutive years on any one board or commission.
All boards and commissions are currently accepting applications:
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Ethics Review Commission
- Transportation and Economic Development Corporation (Type B) Board of Directors
- Building Standards Commission/Fire Code Board of Appeals
- Capital Improvements Advisory Committee (CIAC) Ad Hoc Member (must live in Round Rock ETJ)
- Civil Service Commission (3 year term – appointed by the City Manager)
All applicants must meet residency requirements (meaning they live and have lived inside the city limits for last 12 consecutive months) and be registered voters in the City of Round Rock.
Appointments will be made at a regularly scheduled meeting of the Round Rock City Council on August 13. Newly appointed members will begin their terms on September 1.
Questions should be directed to the City Clerk via email or by phone at 512-218-5404.
The post City accepting applications for boards and commissions appointments appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock