2nd Annual Paint Your Pet Art Show — August 1-31
Important Dates and Information
- This program is for all ages!
- Bring all artwork to the 3rd floor service desk.
- All artwork (in-person or digitally) must be submitted by August 15.
- The art show will run from August 1 – August 31.
- Come to the library between September 2 – September 15 to pick up your artwork.
- All in-person submissions must be claimed on or before September 15
- Online Art Show submissions can be emailed to [email protected]
- Create your pet portrait on paper, a canvas or watercolor paper from home. Please keep the size of your submission to 8.5” x 11” or smaller.
- Choose an animal to look at while painting. You can use a photograph to create your work of art or a live model. If you do not own a pet, choose an animal you’d love to own as a pet (unicorns and dragons are also options!) .
- On your canvas, lightly sketch your pet in pencil.
- Next fill in your pet design with color. You can use acrylic paint, watercolor paints, colored pencils, graphite pencils, pastels, pens or markers. Mix media to create a more intriguing painting.
- Paint or draw a background.
- Enjoy your pet portrait and share your creation with others!
In-Person Art Show at the Round Rock Public Library
- Print your first name and age legibly on the back, along with your pet’s name.
- Bring your pet portrait to the 3rd floor service desk at the library.
- Your pet portrait will be displayed in our Round Rock Public Library Pet Art Show on the 1st floor or the 3rd floor throughout August. These locations are accessible to the public, therefore we can not guarantee that we’ll be able to return all artwork.
Online Art Show
- All in-person submissions will be included in our online art show.
- Online ONLY submissions can be emailed to [email protected].
Source: City of Round Rock