Candle warmer that fell off dresser causes house fire
Investigators determined a candle warmer that had fallen off of a dresser and ignited a wall and surrounding furniture caused a house fire in the 2700 block of Lake Forest Drive on Friday, June 23.
Crews received a call at 7:18 p.m. Friday to a report of a structure fire. The first Fire Department units arrived at 7:22 p.m. and initially reported smoke showing outside the structure. When crews entered the structure they found a fire in the rear bedroom.
There were no reported injuries. A child who was reported on the second floor of the home when crews arrived was found in the backyard, unharmed.
Damage is estimated at approximately $30,000 for the structure and contents.
Two Engines, 2 Truck Companies, 1 Squad, 1 Shift Commander, 1 Medic Commander and 2 Medic Units responded for a total of 15 firefighters and 5 medics. Fire crews reported the fire was extinguished at 7:30 p.m.
The post Candle warmer that fell off dresser causes house fire appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock