Aquatics Division named Agency of the Year by the Texas Public Pool Council
The Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department Aquatics Division was named Agency of the Year by the Texas Public Pool Council at its Annual Aquatic Conference in San Antonio. The award is given to one agency annually that demonstrates excellence in service to their community, the aquatics industry and reflects the values and furthers the goals of TPPC.
The Aquatics Team has had a banner year and has accomplished the following to serve our community:
- Hosted over 115,000 guests at City of Round Rock pools.
- Taught 1,400 participants in Aquatic lessons and programs.
- Provided an affordable destination at Rock’N River Water Park, with daily ticket rates of $10 children, $12 for adults, where competing area water parks with similar attractions are charging upwards of $30+.
- Hired and trained seasonal team of nearly 272 employees.
- Added 41 Aquatics employees to the 2018 team by utilizing innovative recruitment and training practices, while also increasing retention rates of returning team members by 42%.
- Leveraged Social Media channels, most significantly Instagram, to garner followers and fans among local teens, which translated to a larger pool of Lifeguard candidates.
- Lowered pricing for Lifeguard Training from $215 to $75 to allow greater numbers of candidates access to the training at an affordable price point.
- Created and implemented a comprehensive team member Rewards and Recognition Program that included monthly recognition events and cash bonuses.
- Trained over 200 Lifeguards LGIS and WSIs in house.
- Hosted the 2018 Central Texas Regional Lifeguard Competition at Rock’N River Water Park.
Provided education, articles, materials, and volunteer time to:
World Waterpark Association Conference
Association of Aquatic Professionals Conference
The American Red Cross
Aquatics International Magazine
Parks and Rec Business Magazine
Texas Public Pool Council Conference
Central Texas Aquatics Association
Ohio Parks and Recreation Association Aquatic Symposium
2016: TPPC Aquatics Agency of the Year: Class 1
2017: Aquatics International Dream Design Winner
Aquatics International Best of Aquatics Winner
2018: American Red Cross Honors: Trainer of 200 Lifeguards & Gold Level Learn to Swim Provider
1st Place Super Guard Competition
3rd Place Central Texas Regional Lifeguard Competition
More about the Texas Public Pool Council:
The Texas Public Pool Council is an organization dedicated to providing information and education to aquatic professionals. We are a fast-growing aquatic organization with over 350 members and the majority of our members are from Texas. Although the name says “Texas,” our objective as an organization is to provide information and education to all those interested, and we are proud to have members all across the nation. Members include senior lifeguard staff, pool supervisors, water aerobics and exercise instructors, recreation directors, waterpark operation managers, maintenance supervisors, and owners and managers of both private facilities and commercial companies.
The post Aquatics Division named Agency of the Year by the Texas Public Pool Council appeared first on City of Round Rock.
Source: City of Round Rock